Interactive sound installation, introducing both children and adults to orchestral music in a playful, didactic and challenging way.
Orchesterkrake allows visitors to explore the world of orchestral music both collectively
and individually. What do the various orchestra instruments sound like? How does rhythm work? How does it feel to be part of an orchestra; to play an instrument yourself, together with
other musicians, as part of a fantastic sound organ?
• real-time voice to orchestra instrument
• rhythm pads
• different musical pieces and styles to play along, using the rhythm pad or the microphone
• silent mode (headphones) or public mode (loudspeakers integrated in the squid head)
• custom software for voice-to-instrument conversion
• custom built switches and knobs to control volumes of individual instruments, voice, orchestra playback
Berlin, 2016 - 2017
Client – Musikwelten Berlin MWB gGmbH
Creative coding, music content, sound tech concept & implementation – Patrick Muller
Idea and artistic concept – Nathalie Schock
Octopus design – Anja Furthmann
Carpentry – Marc Crelo